Customize the Membership Web Part?

Feb 27, 2007 at 4:29 PM
Is the Membership Web Part customizable (add/edit/delete my own fields)?

When will the source code be released?
Coordinator
Feb 27, 2007 at 10:27 PM
The Membership Web Part in CKS 2.0 will have source code available, but we won't be kicking off the CKS 2.0 effort at least a few weeks.
Mar 26, 2007 at 2:57 AM
I followed your blog entry on Membership requests. Is there any way of automating that step so that when they do request a membership it is actually creates a user with roles in the site?
Coordinator
Mar 30, 2007 at 5:01 AM
Right now, the Account Management functionality in SSN 3.0 (which will be incorporated into CKS 2.0) works as follows:
Once a new user request is approved, an event fires that creates the new user account in Active Directory. User accounts can also be created in different directories with some customization.

Allowing the automatic creation of accounts would create a potential vulnerability for denial of service attacks or account spamming.

The source code for SSN 3.0 is available now, so you're welcome to add this feature for your own implementation. :-)

jthake wrote:
I followed your blog entry on Membership requests. Is there any way of automating that step so that when they do request a membership it is actually creates a user with roles in the site?