FBA Recovery WebPart says "Your attempt to retrieve your password was not successful."

Dec 4, 2009 at 5:54 PM

I'm using the password retrieval web part and am testing it. I know I can log in with the user I created but I can't get the retrieval to work. I have site A and subsite B. The FBA is primarily being used for site administrators to log in and administer the site. But on the sub site there is a page that is password protected. I'm using the FBA login and password recovery for this. I originally had passwordFormat has "Hashed" and changed it to "Encrypted" and had enablePasswordReset as "false" but changed it to "true". This is what I have in my web.config file:

<membership defaultProvider="AspNetSqlMembershipProvider">
      <providers>
        <remove name="AspNetSqlMembershipProvider" />
        <add connectionStringName="MembershipDatabaseCNX" passwordAttemptWindow="10" enablePasswordRetrieval="true" enablePasswordReset="true" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" applicationName="/" requiresUniqueEmail="false" passwordFormat="Encrypted" description="Stores and retrieves membership data from the Microsoft SQL Server database" name="AspNetSqlMembershipProvider" type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider, System.Web, Version=2.0.3600.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" />
      </providers>
    </membership>
    <roleManager enabled="true" defaultProvider="AspNetSqlRoleProvider">
      <providers>
        <remove name="AspNetSqlRoleProvider" />
        <add connectionStringName="MembershipDatabaseCNX" applicationName="/" description="Stores and retrieves roles data from the local Microsoft SQL Server database" name="AspNetSqlRoleProvider" type="System.Web.Security.SqlRoleProvider, System.Web, Version=2.0.3600.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" />
      </providers>
    </roleManager>