Error Page not found when trying to get to the FBA User Management site from site settings

Jan 8, 2010 at 5:54 AM
When I click on FBA User Management link an Error page is returned with the message "Unknown Error

But when i correct the link manually to http://myserver:7070/sites/ccc/_layouts/FBA/Management/UsersDisp.aspx it WORKS
But the default link was http://extranet:7070/_layouts/FBA/Management/UsersDisp.aspx
How to fix this????

Any ideas...

Jan 10, 2010 at 10:47 PM

Can someone  HELP......
I used the new patch that was suppose to fix some issues includung the one i mentioned above but no LUCK.

Jan 11, 2010 at 9:56 AM

Oops fixed it.

But this forum is DEAD :(

Jan 19, 2010 at 10:01 PM

What I found was my problem, and you probably did too, was that the FBA directory wasn't in my Layouts folder specified for the SP Site

Jan 19, 2010 at 11:44 PM

Otlichno i did fix that link by changing the path in the features folder.Changed it in the elements.xml

Another issue i have now is if i'm on EDIT mode of a user and i click save the page errors out the same as above.

It doesn't redirect back to the same page.But when i go back to the page the data is changed.

Any ideas?

Jan 20, 2010 at 6:29 AM
Edited Jan 20, 2010 at 6:30 AM
Yes it is confirm that this is a reported bug that was found in the original beta version that was release back in Oct 08. I haven't fixed it in my last patch update. The code hasn't been change since then.
I face this problem too and occurs when you have a subsite or site collection that uses the CKS FBA features. The /_layouts/FBA/Management/UsersDisp.aspx link will take you back to the root URL rather than the subsite URL where CKS FBA was installed.

This bug will have to be fixed in the next release if the community group has time to do it. The solution is to get the central admin ASP.NET page that display this link will be dynamically generated by detecting whether a site collection was created. If so append the site collection URL link to the page

Updating elements.xml is a quick fix but that would mean the elements.xml file will have to be updated everytime someone else downloads the CKS FBA from CodePlex.