CKS:EWE - An unexpected error has occurred.

Topics: Enhanced Wiki Edition
Jul 24, 2007 at 8:35 PM
When you navigate to a wiki page's discussion, the following breadcrumb is displayed near the top of the page:

<name of your wiki> > Wiki Discussions > Home

By clicking the "Wiki Discussions" link, the app takes you to http://servername/wiki/Lists/Wiki%20Discussions/Threaded.aspx

On this page displays the following error message:

An unexpected error has occured.

does this URL need to change? Perhaps the app is expecting a valid querystring in the URL?
Jul 30, 2007 at 2:57 AM
Thanks, flin. I'll pass this info along to the developer of this piece and see what the issue is.

Jul 30, 2007 at 1:34 PM

<caveat>Sorry, it's an Alpha!</caveat>

Guessing by the breadcrumbs that you have, I take it that you installed the solution and activated both the site collection feature and the site feature, yes? If not, make sure to activate both of these. This will be automated in future. Then, you created a Wiki Discussions list using the "Wiki Discussion Board" list type, yes? This list should work without any special querystring.

When you open a Wiki page, is there a new "Discuss" button in the upper right corner? If so, what happens when you click it?

Mark Arend
Jul 30, 2007 at 5:53 PM
Hi Mark,

No worries, just wanted to let you know so that you are aware of the problem :) Love the solution so far.

I have all of your tips done already. Including:
- activating both site collection and site features
- creating a "Wiki Discussions" board based on the "Wiki Discussion Board" list type
- there is a new discuss button in the upper right corner. clicking on it brings me to a flat view for discussions (expected behaviour)

It's only that the "Wiki Discussions" link on the breadcrumb is broken. Everything else looks 100% fine and dandy. Could it be that my environment is running WSS 3.0 and not MOSS 2007? I did have to copy a few image icons from the MOSS file system to the images folder in WSS 3.0....
Aug 8, 2007 at 2:22 PM
I also experience this behavior.

My deployment was straight-forward with the exception of fixing a couple custom controls to point to correct assembly name/version (see other Discussion entry where a user couldn't deploy).

I agree with Flin that the rest of the solution seems solid aside from this minor problem.