Virtual Earth Features ConfigurationData Key and Value

Topics: General/Misc.
Oct 26, 2007 at 12:29 AM
I have installed and configured the Virtual Earth components on our development MOSS instance but am getting errors when the WebParts (specifically the Campus Maps part) renders.

I get a sequence of error dialogs.
The first three begin "Error! The given key was not present in the dictionary.732|\weWWAL ................... and appear to be identical.
The last is "A runtime error has occurred ... Line 163 Error: '__pendingCallbacks....async' is null or not an object.

I followed the implementation doc, but I think I may have missed something.
First, the install script ran perfectly.
I then open the CampusMaps list and specified the SERVER and Database.
I then found the MDF and LDF in the Source package and attached it to my SQL2005 server (remote system)
I granted dbo rights to this database (Maps_MSIT) to my MOSS service account as well as the MOSS Server computer account.

At this point the part(s) render but give the errors.

I see there is another list called ConfigurationData that is created by empty. What values are expected here?

I'd love to get this functional to continue pursuing this as an end user solution.

Thanks.
Nov 14, 2007 at 4:45 PM
I have same symptoms. I installed everything according implemantation doc and it went without errors. Problem occurs when I try to add Campus map web part to a page.

I get one error dialog with this error:
Error! Input string was not in correct format.252|weALPH....

And when looking page error details it gives same error you have:
A runtime error has occurred ... Line 164 Error: '__pendingCallbacks....async' is null or not an object

WebPart gets added to page and it shows VE interfacce but it doesn't show map. Every click on webpart throws this error dialog.
Nov 22, 2007 at 12:24 PM
Edited Nov 22, 2007 at 12:27 PM
Hi I have installed on wss3 and all is ok except the map administration it is completely empty.
I can change the data in SQL which gets updated ok on the maps but there is no admin options when I add the webpart.

Would also love to get this working!.
Feb 29, 2008 at 12:58 AM
Hi,
We are facing the same problem on Moss Enterprise sp1. Has anyone been able to solve this issue.

Regards,
Riaan