CKS:EBE, use of TagCloud.xsl

Topics: Enhanced Blog Edition
Nov 22, 2007 at 10:06 PM
Hi,
How can I make use of the TagCloud.xsl in CKS:EBE. When I add tags (categories) I can see the tags but not as a cloud. They don't appear as large/small/tiny/whatever. Although I see the algorithm in the xsl I have no idea how the make use of the TagCloud.xsl :-(
Developer
Nov 23, 2007 at 10:02 AM
Hi,

You need to have a reasonable number of tagged posts before you will see much difference. Realistically you need to tweak the algorithm in the XSL so that you get the desired effect.

I would say that this does need a little more work so that 'tweaks' are not needed.

Vince
Nov 23, 2007 at 7:58 PM
I was just wondering if the tag cloud works. Besides that, I like tweaking xsl :-) CKS:EBE en xsl is a fantastic combination! Thanks for helping me out.

Jaap
Developer
Nov 23, 2007 at 8:47 PM
Jaap,

It does...I believe its the same as the one I use on my blog.

I do believe the logic needs updating though!

Vince
Mar 26, 2008 at 8:32 PM
Hi,
My TagCloud WebPart doens't show the weights of Tags (although there are more than 70 records per Tag), when added to a Webpart zone on the WebPart page.
BUT, when i view the WebPart in the WepPart Gallery, than the Weights of tags are remarkably and correctly viewed.
(WSS3.0)
Any Idea ????? :-(

Thanks for your Help!
Kris
Mar 27, 2008 at 1:00 AM
I played around with CSS, works fine :-) I also faced the problem the weight of tags didn't show up. Vincent helped me with this one, tweaking CSS did the trick
Mar 27, 2008 at 9:52 AM
All I needed to do in order to get the tagcloud to work properly was to set some values in the CSS for the classes (.w1, .w2, .w3, .w4, .. and so on) for the currently selected theme.
Jul 18, 2008 at 4:38 PM
Hi
great to know the Tag Cloud is working, I was wondering it myself as I was testing it by putting through numerous posts against a category.  However I was not able to see any difference.

Vince/Jaap I have had a look at the TagCloud.xsl file but I dont know what I need to tweak, I guess its the numbers but I dont know what logic to use on the tweak.  Would you willing to provide me with some assistance.

Many thanks
Darren

Coordinator
Jul 8, 2009 at 6:40 PM

Add this to main.css and it should work:

.w1 {font-size: 186%}
.w2 {font-size: 174%}
.w3 {font-size: 162%}
.w4 {font-size: 150%}
.w5 {font-size: 148%}
.w6 {font-size: 136%}
.w7 {font-size: 124%}
.w8 {font-size: 112%}

-Yvonne M. Harryman

Jul 9, 2009 at 4:05 PM

Yvonne,

Many thanks for providing me with the information.

Darren

Jul 16, 2009 at 6:46 PM

Could someone help clarify something for me on the Tag Cloud. Is it a separate and additional WebPart or can it be created from the XSL sheet included with EBE?

Developer
Jul 28, 2009 at 3:00 PM

There are two tag clouds mentioned here.

1. The CKS tag cloud webpart. I have never tried it with the EBE, but the EBE should not stop it working.

2. The EBE 'tag cloud'. This is essentially an XSL file you use with the EBE categories control. It sets the class names (.w1, .w2, etc) so that the different links are different sizes and weights. In the XSL is some logic to work out what different numbers mean. You can change this logic or change the classes to see a different effect in the tag cloud.

HTH, Vince