ECTS - wishlist

Topics: Internet/Extranet Edition
Mar 2, 2010 at 3:50 PM

Hi all - having installed a version of ECTS on MOSS 2007 I have stumbled over some issues that could be improved. I am certainly willing to add modifications myself, but would like feedback from here before I start since there might be better options, or hazards I haven't discovered. But here goes:

1) Better support for non-English sites. Two issues are causing trouble here:

1a) Create Collaboration Site pages crash when regional settings is not English (described in the issue tracker earlier). The web part should work regardless of the regional settings in the site. Furthermore it would be nice to have the ability to choose a regional setting for the created site collection (now it just copies the setting from the current site)

1b) HTMLencoding of titles and descriptions trashes special characters in the created sites. If I try to create a site with i.e. Danish letters æøå - the letters are HTMLencoded before they are sent to SharePoint's create site-method - and they are displayed as entities instead of letters when the site is created.

2) Support for custom site root and adminpages placed outside the web application root. Right now all sites are created under "/sites" and mails regarding new sites contain wrong links if the administration web parts are placed in a subsite. I would like to add an option to create new sites under custom managed path - i.e. "/extranets" - and be able to place the administrative web parts anywhere without breaking the application.

Feedback of any kind is highly appreciated. I am a newcomer in the Codeplex society, so I apologize if I have missed anything important.

Regards

Jens Gyldenkærne Clausen