Should the Password Recovery web part use the SharePoint mail service?

Topics: Internet/Extranet Edition
Feb 9, 2008 at 3:33 PM
It seems that most posters in this discussion board expect that the password recovery email should work since they have configured the Outgoing mail settings in Central Admin.
Feb 9, 2008 at 10:16 PM
Edited Feb 10, 2008 at 11:30 AM
Hi Paul, email is working for me (I use the latest builds). I've configured a while ago SharePoint (including outgoing email in Central Administration). a couple of weeks ago I installed IEE. Somewhere in the discussions I read SMTP settings in the web.config are required which I configured. So, documentation is essential for this one.
Feb 13, 2008 at 2:19 AM
Sorry, perhaps I was not clear.

I'm asking if it would be helpful if the web part should not require the entries in web.config, making the documentation requirement unnecessary.
Feb 28, 2008 at 3:00 PM
Hi I'm new to this site and have been trying to use the FBA feature and as it stands it works great. The only problem that I see is the emailing of the passwords. I was wondering if it would be possible to add a few more properties on the webpart to allow you to set a different smtp server with user name and password to use instead of using the one set in CA. The reason is that I have sharepoint installed on a Windows Home Server HP ex470 and it does not have a smtp server installed on it. Thanks to everyone who worked on this! =D