no items found in tags.aspx for tags v1.2

Feb 28, 2008 at 1:42 AM
I've clearly done something wrong. After installing tags v1.1 and tagging several URLs I click on one of the tags in the cloud and am sent to tags.aspx with response of "no items found for this tag." Can anyone tell me what I may have done wrong?

Mar 7, 2008 at 11:20 AM
I have the same problem. Do you have found a solution or anybody else?
Mar 7, 2008 at 11:20 AM
Edited Mar 7, 2008 at 11:20 AM
I have the same problem. Do you have found a solution or anybody else?
-> sorry duplicate post.
Mar 14, 2008 at 5:32 AM
Hi, yepp - it is the same with me. "no item found for this tag" - at the end, I am happy to get that all installed (it was my first "bigger" installation on my wss). I am very new to that, so it was very disappointing to see: nothing. Now I see I am not alone with my problem: pfuh!

Mar 14, 2008 at 11:45 AM
I found that I had put an incorrect path under the Tag Cloud web part, Tag Settings, Tag Page URL. The guide I believe indicates a default of /tags.aspx?tags= I had originally left this as default without realizing. This needs to be changed to the actual path (i.e. /sitename/tags.aspx?tags= ).

Mar 18, 2008 at 10:30 AM
I have still the same problem. The Tag URL is pointing on the correct file (tags.aspx) but still the page displays no tag found...
Is there nobody from the developer team?
May 15, 2008 at 3:33 PM
Is anyone aware of a fix for this problem?  I have the URL set up correctly, but I'm still getting "no items found for this tag."

Any help on this would be great.  Thank you.
May 16, 2008 at 2:34 AM
there are a little bugs in TagBrowser file.

replace as below:

SPQuery query = new SPQuery();
                    query.Query = "<Where><Contains><FieldRef Name=\""+ TagColumnName +"\" />" +
                    "<Value Type=\"Text\">" + TagName + "</Value>" +
                    query.ViewAttributes = "Scope=\"RecursiveAll\"";  // I add this line

Jul 4, 2008 at 1:52 PM
Could someone please advise of what the state of play is on this issue?  I've downloaded the CKS.TagCloud.Soultion11.wsp posted on June 16th 2008 from

I believe this release included the fix to allow the tag cloud to be recursive across the site collection discussed in this thread. 

However I only seem to get the Tag Browser web part working if the page its embedded on is in the same site as the items that have been tagged.

I'm just a bit confused as the date of this thread is earlier than the date of the file released ....

If it is still an issue, how do I go about fixing the 'TagBrowser' file this a file on the server I should be able to change or does this require a change to source code and a recompilation because if tis the latter I just don't have the skills ... :-(
Jul 8, 2008 at 12:05 AM
We've made it passed the few tag cloud bugs everyone else is finding (the path that needs to be entered /tags.aspx), etc. - but we found today, that if you Tag entries in a Document Library, where the files are saved at the root of the library, as well as in sub-folders - the Tags show up in the Cloud, but are not link-able.  The path is correct if the file is at the root, but no go for others buried within the library.  Anyone find a fix for this yet?  Thanks!