Ext Collab Toolkit - Server not operational

Topics: Internet/Extranet Edition
Mar 25, 2008 at 9:04 PM
I have downloaded the external collaboration toolkit and loaded the webparts from it on to a sharepoint site. I have ADAM up and running and I can connect to it using ldp.exe or the snap in. I have added an ADAM user and assigned it to the ADAM administrator role. I am not using SSL as I am just testing on self contained VPC.

I was having issues connection to the ADAM/LDAP for a bit but I have that all figured out now and now I am trying to Add External Users. When I click “Click here to register the external user's e-mail address.” It tells me the email address is registered and then the a message saying the server is not operational. (see attached) What server is this talking about?? Email server? I am finding no other information about this or error messages.

Even though it tells me “server is not operational” it actually does register the email address because I can try that email again and it is registered and I can grant permissions the second time around….

The External User Manager webpart also says the same thing - "server is not operational”

“server is not operational” is a problem!

I have been spinning my wheels here. Any ideas?
Mar 28, 2008 at 6:11 PM

The server not operational error was solved by installing a SSL certificate. I tried to get around using SSL and that did not work. Make sure you have installed the ceritificate, can conntect to ldp.exe via SSL, and that the SSL port is the port in the connection string.

jrmcdona wrote:
I have downloaded the external collaboration toolkit and loaded the webparts from it on to a sharepoint site. I have ADAM up and running and I can connect to it using ldp.exe or the snap in. I have added an ADAM user and assigned it to the ADAM administrator role. I am not using SSL as I am just testing on self contained VPC.

I was having issues connection to the ADAM/LDAP for a bit but I have that all figured out now and now I am trying to Add External Users. When I click “Click here to register the external user's e-mail address.” It tells me the email address is registered and then the a message saying the server is not operational. (see attached) What server is this talking about?? Email server? I am finding no other information about this or error messages.

Even though it tells me “server is not operational” it actually does register the email address because I can try that email again and it is registered and I can grant permissions the second time around….

The External User Manager webpart also says the same thing - "server is not operational”

“server is not operational” is a problem!

I have been spinning my wheels here. Any ideas?