Problems with Chatterbox web Part

Topics: Corporate Intranet Edition, Enhanced Blog Edition, Enhanced Wiki Edition, General/Misc., Internet/Extranet Edition, Program Management Office, School Edition, SharePointPedia Edition, User Group Edition
Apr 3, 2008 at 2:25 PM
I can not get any text to show up with the Chatterbox web part.

The list gets created, but does not get populated with any data.

All I get is the text box for input on my page. I type, and when I hit send, the text box clears, but nothing shows up. List is still empty.

Any ideas? I have tried different browsers, changing the list, creating a list before I add the web part, refreshing many times, moving it to different locations on the main page, nothing works. I have found others who are having the same problem, but no answers to those posts anywhere.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

It is a windows Small Business 2003 server with a sharepoint 3.0 site installed along side the sharepoing 2.0 site. I followed MS instructions for installing 3.0 along side 2.0 on an SBS 2003 server. The site is running .net 2.0 and I installed the web part with no problems. I had to change my web.config from WSSMinimal to WSSMedium in order to get the web part to add to my page. I have also changed that to FULL for testing and still cant get the text to show up with this web part.
Apr 7, 2008 at 3:53 PM

jtrober wrote:
I can not get any text to show up with the Chatterbox web part.

The list gets created, but does not get populated with any data.

All I get is the text box for input on my page. I type, and when I hit send, the text box clears, but nothing shows up. List is still empty.

Any ideas? I have tried different browsers, changing the list, creating a list before I add the web part, refreshing many times, moving it to different locations on the main page, nothing works. I have found others who are having the same problem, but no answers to those posts anywhere.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

It is a windows Small Business 2003 server with a sharepoint 3.0 site installed along side the sharepoing 2.0 site. I followed MS instructions for installing 3.0 along side 2.0 on an SBS 2003 server. The site is running .net 2.0 and I installed the web part with no problems. I had to change my web.config from WSSMinimal to WSSMedium in order to get the web part to add to my page. I have also changed that to FULL for testing and still cant get the text to show up with this web part.

I really could use some advice on this, I cant get this web part working at all.
Apr 14, 2008 at 5:58 PM
anyone??? Please help...
Aug 25, 2009 at 4:26 PM

jtrober - did you ever find a way to make this web part work?  I am getting ready to add this tool and am leary about doing it with all the help posts I have seen.

I have about the same setup you described, W2003 server, .NET 2.0, WSS 3.0.