External Collaboration Tool Kit - FBA Error

Topics: Internet/Extranet Edition
Apr 24, 2008 at 8:11 PM

I'm in the process of setting up FBA to allow clients to access our WSS v3 sites. I have installed ECTS following the included directions, and the installation was successful. I am having trouble with an error when i attempt to add external users. The error shows up when I enter an e-mail address under the add external user action, or when i browse to the external url.

The error:
Unable to establish secure connection with the server (e:\websites\sharepoint.ts.com80\web.config line 142)

There is also a notification under the External User Manager webpart that says the server is not operational.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
May 30, 2008 at 1:51 PM
Did you ever get a follow-up or figure out what you needed to change to correct this?
Jun 5, 2008 at 2:47 AM
Unfortunately i never got a response. Since i ran out of time and ideas on how to make this work, i decided to put a hold on the FBA project. last week i discovered Hero Coder, which looks like a promising solution. I planned on creating my own management page, but keep running out of time to finish the project. hope this helps http://www.herocoder.com/Default.aspx