ECTS user provisioning Bug?

Topics: General/Misc.
May 2, 2008 at 10:04 PM
Hi, i think i found a minor bug in the newest code for ECTS under CKS (11008).

It looks like ProvisioningApprovals never actually sets the password of the newly provisioned user, just creates one and emails it to the requestor (and sets a flag in the AD account that it's a generated password).

I added
Password = UM.ResetPassword(user);
to line 116 of ProvisioningApproval.cs (just before mailMsg = string.Format......) and that seems to fix it (also ignores the ref Password that ApproveorDenyUser() passes but that won't seem to matter.)

Sorry I don't commit as a bugfix, but I've never used subversion and I don't want to break your codetree :)

I also noticed there's no tag for External Collaboration Toolkit, does this go under something else?
Aug 10, 2010 at 4:54 PM

Hello,

I am running into a problem when the user is invited I get an email with the password. But when I try to logon using this password, I am unable to login.  I get "The server could not sign you in. Make sure your user name and password are correct, and then try again." The only option I have is to reset the password and then the user can login. After looking at your post how do I update the ProvisioningApprovals code to update my current installation?

Thanks,

Dale