Is it possible to use CKS:EBE on a subsite where parent is not a blog?

Topics: Enhanced Blog Edition
Jun 19, 2008 at 11:37 PM
I think this has come up before so apologise if I am starting anew thread where one already exists. 

I have an intranet site that I have deployed the EBE on and it does not work.  I can enable the feature and change settings for indivual blogs but it does not render on existing subsite blogs or new subsite blogs.  The default Sharepoint blog look and feel persists. 

I have been able to get EBE to work by creating a seperate blog site collection and this is great.  this keeps our users happy who want "pretty blogs" with all the great EBE features.  The challenge I have is that I would really like this to work for existing blogs contained within our intranet.  Given our captive audience we don't really have the need for seperate site collections and more importantly our home page is a classic content roll up one.  We use content query parts to showmost recently updated content.   When content is in a seperate collection this is more troublesome to roll up.

Is this something on the roadmap or is my installation incorrect?

Thanks for all your hard work,

Hugh
Developer
Jul 10, 2008 at 10:57 PM
Hugh,

There should be no reason why this does not work...I have certainly done it.

I would check that the WebApplication feature is enabled for the appropriate application.

--Vince
Jul 11, 2008 at 4:55 PM
Thanks Vince that's sorted it. 

In case anybody is wondering it's in "Central Administration > Application Management > Manage Web Application Features".

It was confusing me as I had globally deployed the solution to all sites, enabled the feature for individual blogs but they still rendered as default.  Enabling the feature for the web app caused the rendering to take effect.

Hugh