FBA: automatically approve users?

Topics: Internet/Extranet Edition
Sep 30, 2008 at 3:10 PM

Shouldn't there be an option to automatically approve membership requests? I guess the best place would be to have a checkbox on this page: /_layouts/FBA/Management/FBASiteConfiguration.aspx

I read (here: http://www.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ProjectName=CKS&ReleaseId=7675) about deactivating the "Membership Request List" feature - but find no corresponding feature neither in the site collection features nor in the site features. Has this changed?

Sep 30, 2008 at 4:03 PM
Something seems to be wrong with your install.  The feature should be in the Site Collection features list, near the bottom of the list. It should be called:  "Forms Based Authentication Site Membership Review List".  If it's not listed, let me know.  Zac re-organized the features a bit, creating hidden dependent features to clean up the UI, but I thought this one was left exposed.  You're right about needing a checkbox for this, however.  That's one of the things I'd like to do, but will probably be on a later release.

Sep 30, 2008 at 4:10 PM
Hi Mike

I checked again. It's not there, I've got 3 features:
- Forms Based Authentication Admin Management
- Forms Based Authentication Role Management
- Forms Based Authentication Self Management

If this feature was there (visible) I would actually not see much need for a checkbox - at least not with high priority.

Sep 30, 2008 at 4:12 PM
Yeah, I looked in Feature.xml and it has Hidden="True". I'll change that in my solution and then I guess it will be OK (for me).
Sep 30, 2008 at 4:18 PM
Ah, that would explain it.  I guess I'll add that one to our list.  ;^)

Oct 1, 2008 at 8:30 AM
You probably have noticed, but for others aswell:

The feature "Forms Based Authentication Admin Management" has a dependancy on "Membership Review List". So, if the membership review list is not activated, you cannot activate the feature "Forms Based Authentication Admin Management".