CKS FBA Beta 1.00 Released

Topics: Internet/Extranet Edition
Oct 2, 2008 at 7:06 PM
Edited Oct 2, 2008 at 7:14 PM
Hi everyone,

We're pleased to announce that we've put up our first Beta 1.00 of the CKS FBA Solution. Firstly the wsp is built from the latest change set 17930. We have incorporated numerous fixes to the original pre beta and we're confident most functionality is complete. I have however cut out the FBASaveButton feature as this is reported to have broken the Enterprise Blog Edition. The FBASaveButton feature is designed to update the SQL Provider database if the user changed their email address in the sharepoint My Settings feature. Also, Zac Smith rearranged the changset / code base to drop the CKS IEE reference to call it CKS FBA. If you download and compile this code (now Visual Studio 2008) use the FBA folder. Here is the project "FBA Beta 1.00".

If you do use this release please mention "FBA Beta 1.00" etc and raise any issues in the Issues List

I am making myself available for help tomorrow from 10am GMT or earlier on Thursday Oct 3rd.

Anthony Sumner
Oct 3, 2008 at 9:51 AM
Praise the Lord and the Developers here :-) Thank you very much.
Oct 5, 2008 at 4:21 PM
Are this version WebParts working under Publishing templates? would be perfect!
Oct 5, 2008 at 4:26 PM
I don't know sorry :(

Oct 6, 2008 at 8:49 AM

What issue are you facing with publishing templates?
Oct 6, 2008 at 10:49 AM
Hello all,

The problem is that i can't add FBA WebParts to sites with this templates. All is good for team or other templates but not for Publishing Templates, it gives an error of bad xml format when i click in Publish button...
Oct 6, 2008 at 12:02 PM
Edited Oct 6, 2008 at 12:03 PM
I've had a problem with adding a membership request webpart to a publishing page: If I don't fill out the requred fields (!) I can't publish the page. I get a normal error (from the membership request webpart) when clicking on "Publish".

If I fill out the required fields I can publish the page :-) it is a bit funny, and I don't know if that's the problem you are facing - since I do NOT get a "bad xml format" error like you do.
Oct 6, 2008 at 1:00 PM

But can you add login or Password Recovery WebParts to Publishing sites without problems? i can't do it.

Oct 7, 2008 at 6:48 AM
I have a login webpart, but no password recovery webpart.
Oct 7, 2008 at 4:01 PM
Ok, Login Part works good under Publishing templates but not other FBA WebParts...hehe...

I think it would be possible in future revisions ;)
Oct 8, 2008 at 11:47 AM
As mentioned, I have the Membership Request Webpart working alright too (with the little trick when adding).