CKS Forms Based Authentication Solution support ADAM authentication?

Topics: General/Misc., Internet/Extranet Edition
Oct 15, 2008 at 1:54 PM
Is CKS Forms Based Authentication Solution  also support ADAM authentication?
Developer
Oct 15, 2008 at 5:15 PM
Not specifically, but you certainly could.  The CKS:ECTS does, however.  You might want to check it out.  You might also be able to use the ECTS provider as a starting point to writing your own with the FBA solution.

Regards,
Mike Sharp
Oct 15, 2008 at 6:06 PM
It means existing solution only support Sql Server authentication? However I try to execute with ADAM, it is giving me following error whenever I try to change password using "Change Password" webpart. It seems it is related with Security Policy,

------------------------------

The method or operation is not implemented.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NotImplementedException: The method or operation is not implemented.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NotImplementedException: The method or operation is not implemented.]
   Microsoft.Office.Server.Security.LdapMembershipProvider.ChangePassword(String name, String oldPwd, String newPwd) +72
   System.Web.Security.MembershipUser.ChangePassword(String oldPassword, String newPassword) +129
   System.Web.Security.MembershipUser.ChangePassword(String oldPassword, String newPassword, Boolean throwOnError) +29
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.ChangePassword.AttemptChangePassword() +173
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.ChangePassword.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +106
   System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +35
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e) +115
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +163
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +7
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1746
Developer
Oct 15, 2008 at 9:11 PM
I think the OOTB ASP.NET LdapMembershipProvider isn't complete.  Though the documentation shows that is should work, the following post indicates that DotNetReflector shows that it's not actually implemented:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepointdevelopment/thread/b149a7b5-e4fc-4a4e-b971-dbb513fea77f/

According to that post, if you look into the implementation with reflector, you'll see:

Code Snippet:
 public override bool ChangePassword(string name, string oldPwd, string newPwd)
{
    throw new NotImplementedException();
}

That's why you might want to download the source for the ECTS which might have a custom Ldap provider.  I know it at least has one that works with ADAM.

Mike