Confused regarding How to deploy solution step 4

Topics: General/Misc.
Oct 21, 2008 at 8:16 AM
In step 4 of how to deploy the solution it states "If you deactivate the Membership Request List feature, then all registrants are automatically added to the site and the email goes out immediately." However after deploying the latest version of this I do not have that feature? I only have a Forms Based Authentication Self Management (deactivated - since I do not know what it is for), Forms Based Authentication Admin Management (active) and Forms Based Authentication Role Management (deactivated - since I do not know what it is for).
Oct 21, 2008 at 4:10 PM
This was a mistake in the last beta release.  It's actually there, but hidden.  And it's also set as a dependency for the Admin Management feature.  What you have to do is modify the feature attributes to unhide it, and remove the dependency. 

The dependency is in the FBAManagementAdmin's feature.xml.  Remove this line:

<ActivationDependency FeatureId="69CE2076-9A2F-4c71-AEDF-F4252C01DE4E" /> <!-- Membership Review List -->

Then in the FBAMembershipReviewList feature.xml, remove this attribute: 

Then create a new WSP and deploy.  If you download the source code, you can make these changes with notepad, and then use WSPBuilder (also included in the source) to create a new WSP. 

After you re-deploy, you'll see the MembershipReviewList feature.  The self management feature allows the user to reset their password, and perform other self-management tasks. It provides the web parts for that. You can deactivate the role management feature, but you'll probably need the self-management one.

Ultimately, I'd like to make this configurable in the FBAManagement page. 

Mike Sharp