Enhanced Discussion Board Edition

Apr 6, 2009 at 9:54 PM
Hi,

Can you please tell me, why there is no release for the "Enhanced Discussion Board Edition".

Thanks,

Khaled
Apr 19, 2009 at 3:49 PM
Anyone?
Apr 20, 2009 at 1:12 PM
I found some files under Source Code but I need a compiled release.
Apr 20, 2009 at 2:57 PM
I could really use this as well.  Why does it show as released but nothing is available?
Developer
Apr 20, 2009 at 3:46 PM
I don't know anything about the history of this project, but I just had a look at the source, and there is nothing there but a skeleton of the deployment bits.  No real code that I could find.  As to why it's listed as released, my guess would be that it's because CodePlex doesn't have a separate spot where you can do release planning.   The idea is you create a release, and mark it as planned. You can updated the content as you near a real release date, and then when you're ready for a release, you simply toggle it on. Somehow this one was marked as released when it was created.  Looking at the history, it looks like Lawrence Liu set up the site originally, and that was probably when it was set as released, rather than planned.  I tried to reset this back to a planned release, but CodePlex doesn't appear to give me that option.  All I can do is hide it from the public, which isn't quite the right thing either.  There may indeed be a way to do this, but I can't see how.

I can understand your frustration, but as you know, the folks that contribute to the CKS do it in their spare time.  Speaking for myself, there are a few things I need to get done on the CKS:FBA solution, but since I've been working 7 days a week since before Christmas on my real job, I'm having a hard time finding any spare time.  I keep telling myself..."as soon as this next project is done..."

Regards,
Mike Sharp
Apr 20, 2009 at 8:20 PM
http://paradisj.blogspot.com/2008/05/enhanced-forums-on-sharepoint.html