CKS:FBA - Membership Request

Topics: Internet/Extranet Edition
Apr 25, 2009 at 1:36 AM
I'm having some problems with the Membership Request Web Part. When I make a request, a user is created in the membership database but I don't get a notification email. When I go to the Site Membership Review List and approve the request, the user is removed from the membership database. Oddly enough if I reject the request, the user remains in the membership database but does not have permission to access the site.
Jul 9, 2009 at 11:18 PM

Hi Mathew,

I am having the same problem.  I am not sure if this is due to the FBA Self Management dependancy feature not being activated.  I know this post is kind of old but have you gotten it to work yet.

Thanks.

Jul 14, 2009 at 1:05 AM

I never really got it working properly. I narrowed down the problem to the code that generates the notification emails. It was/is generating some xslt errors on the server but I never had time to figure out why.

Developer
Jul 16, 2009 at 2:25 PM

I think someone recently discovered the code that accesses the xslt at the file level needed to be NTLM the fixed code was posted. If the user was in the FBA zone it wouldn’t work.

Anthony Sumner
Director

black

Phone:
Fax:

0845 122 7181
0870 1673883

Email:

asumner@planetweb.co.uk
www.planetweb.co.uk

Sent: 14 July 2009 01:05
To: Anthony Sumner
Subject: Re: CKS:FBA - Membership Request [CKS:54437]

I never really got it working properly. I narrowed down the problem to the code that generates the notification emails. It was/is generating some xslt errors on the server but I never had time to figure out why.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (CKS@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email CKS@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Aug 27, 2009 at 9:24 PM

All,

I’m trying to customize the MembershipRequestWebpart and need to know which Method gets called when a user clicks “Create User”.  Any info in the way of customization or your documentation for this project would be EXCELLENT!

Oct 16, 2009 at 4:05 PM
Edited Oct 16, 2009 at 4:11 PM

Answered by asumner about a month or more ago: 

protected override void OnCreatingUser(LoginCancelEventArgs e)
{

}

Although this was common sense, even if you know this your code wont run unless you wrap it with:

SPSite siteCol = SPContext.Current.Site;
            SPWeb site = SPContext.Current.Web;
            SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges(delegate()
            {
                using (SPSite ElevatedSiteCol = new SPSite(siteCol.ID))
                {
                    using (SPWeb ElevatedSite = ElevatedSiteCol.OpenWeb(site.ID))
                    {
                        ElevatedSite.AllowUnsafeUpdates = true;
                        try
                        {
                              //Your Code Here
                        }
                        catch (SPException exErr)
                        {
                             //Your Code Here
                        }

}
                }