FBA How Do I Edit the web parts?

Topics: General/Misc.
Apr 28, 2009 at 8:15 PM
I have the source downloaded and can open the solution in VS2008, but when I select a web part in VS to change there is no designer associated with it. Am I missing something?
I'd really like to change the layout of a few of the parts to better  match the aesthetics of our site.

-Terry
Developer
Apr 28, 2009 at 8:17 PM

Hi Terry,

The webparts are all created programmatically in the source code.

Sent: 28 April 2009 20:16
To: Anthony Sumner
Subject: FBA How Do I Edit the web parts? [CKS:54760]

I have the source downloaded and can open the solution in VS2008, but when I select a web part in VS to change there is no designer associated with it. Am I missing something?
I'd really like to change the layout of a few of the parts to better match the aesthetics of our site.

-Terry

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (CKS@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email CKS@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Apr 28, 2009 at 8:24 PM
OK, then the initial layout would be done by adding the code to layout the part differently then running it to verify the layout?
Does any one know if there's another beta release pending that I should wait on before I start making my changes?

Thanks for the quick reply!

-Terry 
Developer
Apr 28, 2009 at 8:29 PM

The project is being reassessed to keep it moving I believe. As for the layout you are correct, I modified it to dynamically add new fields if added to the sign up web part.

Sent: 28 April 2009 20:25
Subject: Re: FBA How Do I Edit the web parts? [CKS:54760]

OK, then the initial layout would be done by adding the code to layout the part differently then running it to verify the layout?
Does any one know if there's another beta release pending that I should wait on before I start making my changes?

Thanks for the quick reply!

-Terry

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (CKS@discussions.codeplex.com)

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Apr 28, 2009 at 8:36 PM
Thanks, Looks like I'll get started then. Is the new fields support you added part of the current codebase? I may have a use for it.
Developer
Apr 28, 2009 at 8:42 PM

No, fraid its not, its buried in custom code which I gave to the forum but can’t remember how... had a quick look for it, not got time to dig it out. It basically read the list of fields in the sharepoint signup list or peoples group and if it was marked as required, I added a field of that type into the web part. I think others have taken it further but not sure if code is put up, it seemed to be deemed as a custom requirement rather than a general feature. Search the for the discussion.

Sent: 28 April 2009 20:37
Subject: Re: FBA How Do I Edit the web parts? [CKS:54760]

Thanks, Looks like I'll get started then. Is the new fields support you added part of the current codebase? I may have a use for it.