CKS:EBE custom themes

Topics: Enhanced Blog Edition
Sep 14, 2009 at 3:36 PM

This is my first post here ... I've gone through 15 pages of previous discussions to find a solution to my problem but couldn't, so I'm hoping someone out there can help me.

I work in a school and have created multiple blogs for media studies students to use. I created some custom graphics and modified the css slightly to give the blogs a media studies feel, rather than using one of the themes that come with the CKS:EBE deployment. To get this to work on each blog, I laboriously copied the new custom theme to each instance of the new media studies blogs.

But I am thinking the better way to do this would be to copy the custome theme files to where all the other CKS:EBE themes are stored on our Sharepoint server (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\TEMPLATE\FEATURES\CKS EBE Themes\Themes); then they would appear in the drop-down option or could even be set as the default theme.

Having now done this, the new theme is not appearing in the drop-down option nor can it be set as the default. Am I missing a step? Do I need to edit one of the accompanying files?

Cheers, in advance, for any assistance you can offer,

Sep 21, 2009 at 3:38 PM

As far as I know, the files located at the path you specified are copied to the themes library when the blog site is create/EBE enabled. No existing sites will receive updates because the files are copied and not referenced.

In addition, I believe you will have to edit a XML file located in the same file structure, but I'm not sure which. It's been some years since I last fiddled with this.