MySiteCreate Installation help needed

Topics: Corporate Intranet Edition
Feb 2, 2010 at 9:23 AM

After reading the msdn articel (http://blogs.msdn.com/sharepoint/archive/2007/03/22/customizing-moss-2007-my-sites-within-the-enterprise.aspx.), downloading the community kit and reading the readme I can't finish the installation.

Preliminary work: 0.1 First I edited the properties in the feature.xml and element.xml files from "steve.master" to "BlueBand.master" (the BlueBand.master file is the master side I want to use for my portal).

0.2 I have exported the BlueBand.master file with Sharepoint Designer from the master page's library and put it in the same folder where the steve.master file lay, so that it can be uploaded. (Did I missunderstood something?)

0.3 I edited the MySiteStaplee.xml to my wishes (i.e. I wants to move the RSS Feed-web part from the middle left zone to the lower zone of the MySite).

1. Copied the MySiteStaplee and MySiteStapler-directory to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\TEMPLATE\FEATURES.

2. Edited the URL of the MySiteHost-Webapplication within the install.bat and uninstall.bat (in this case http://portal/mysite)

3. Executed the install.bat

4. Added the SafeControlEntry from the readme (<SafeControl Assembly="MySiteCreatePart, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cb1bdc5f7817b18b" Namespace="Microsoft.IW" TypeName="*" Safe="True" AllowRemoteDesigner="True" />) to the web.config of the webapplication that hosts MySites.

5. Used gacutil.exe to add the mysitecreatepart.dll to the global assembly cache.

Finally "iisreset". The result was that when I wanted to create a new MySite, an error message appeared: "An unexpected error occured" so the MySite couldn't be created. After trying to uninstall the features per uninstall.bat, I was not able to get to any user-profil-site (error message: "The file does not exist."). I solved this problem by deleting and recreating the site collection of the MySiteHost so everything is alright now again.

Now, where is my fault? Thank you for help.