Change Banner Text

Mar 22, 2007 at 12:12 PM
Is it possible to chnage the text in the banner at the top of the site? I want to replace the default (Community Kit for SharePoint) with some text of my own and possibly a small image.
Coordinator
Mar 24, 2007 at 3:58 AM
Yes, you can easily do that by following one of the steps specified on the site URL/Lists/Getting%20Started%20with%20the%20CKS/AllItems.aspx page of your CKS:UGE-based site.
Mar 29, 2007 at 11:55 AM

lawrenceliu wrote:
Yes, you can easily do that by following one of the steps specified on the site URL/Lists/Getting%20Started%20with%20the%20CKS/AllItems.aspx page of your CKS:UGE-based site.

Thank you but I cannot find a way to specifically change the text. There's a guide on how to change or hide the blue banner but nothing relating to the text on top of this banner.
Coordinator
Mar 30, 2007 at 4:24 AM
What text on top of the banner? Can be more specific? If you're talking about the "Community Kit for SharePoint: User Group Edition 1.0" text, that's actually part of the site logo, which you can chance in Site Settings | Title, description, and icon | Logo URL and Description.

Thank you but I cannot find a way to specifically change the text. There's a guide on how to change or hide the blue banner but nothing relating to the text on top of this banner.

Nov 19, 2008 at 6:39 PM
I had the same question, and figured it out this way:

1 - There is a default.master file in the _catalogs\masterpage folder (system folder which is hidden by default).  Open this file in an HTML editor or Notepad.
2 - Scroll down to find the phrase "Community Kit for Sharepoint" within the tag: <div class="slogan">Community Kit for Sharepoint</div>
3 - Edit between the > and the < to the phrase desired.
4 - Save the file, and refresh your site.